Monday, December 01, 2008

What is the "mean"ing of this, eh?

I was sauntering in "hetero" abandon on my semi-trusted Honda steed along the banks of the friendly neighborhood Kapali Koil, making good time for an appointment with the local courier, when my fleshy lenses locked on this sight. There were a few people feeding the fish some pori stuff, and these fish were so hooked to it that it was evolving into a fish-eat-fish event. I am assuming that it is something like the 63 movers of the fish world.
If Jacques-Yves Cousteu were to be alive to witness this aquatic spectacle, he would have thrown in a final Sacré Bleu and would have converted to Hinduism.
I whipped out my phone, thrust it through the bars and took a picture. I had little time to review it, for like all war journalists I don't review the pictures while in the field as it could prove fatal. The threat to my life was two pronged, viz.
(i) When in idle my semi-trusted Honda's complicated electronic circuitry switches on the tear gas module, and it starts spewing out lethal fumes on a Corporation Kosu Marundhu Kaaran level. And,
(ii) I was right outside the Kapali koil and hence ran the extremely high degree of risk of being identified by a Sastrigal.
Kapali's fish seemed to be in an advanced state of evolution as they had blaring whiskers and were the size of an average malnourished child. I did hear a typical bloke tell a gaping kid that he was dragging along that they were catfish. But, considering that my recent underwater experiences have been opening my eyes while in the shower, I wouldn't vouch on the technicality.






-- Post From My iPhone

No comments: